ANDRE PIERRE , Esq.
Mr. Pierre was born in Arcahaie, Haiti on March 23, 1969. He immigrated to the United States in 1983 and attended high school and college in Long Island, New York. He received his Bachelors Degree in Engineering from New York Institute of Technology in 1994 and his law degree from the University of Miami in 1997. Mr. Pierre served as an intern to the Honorable Melvia Green at the Third District Court of Appeal in Florida. He subsequently worked at the intellectual property law firm of Lott and Friedland, P.A.
Mr. Pierre offers over 20 years of experience as a reputable attorney specializing in Criminal and Immigration Law at the Law Office of Andre D. Pierre, P.A. Mr. Pierre is an adjunct member of the faculty at Barry University, teaching Immigration and Nationalization Law, Real Estate Law and Business Organizations. He has also lectured extensively throughout South Florida on criminal convictions and their immigration consequences.
Mr. Pierre is admitted to practice law in the State of Florida. He is also admitted to practice law before the United States District Courts for the Southern and the Middle Districts of Florida, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Heavily involved in the community for many years, Mr. Pierre was elected Mayor for the City of North Miami, serving two consecutive terms. He also has served on many of the city of North Miami advisory boards. He has also been an active member of North Miami’s business community, having served on the executive board of the Greater North Miami Chamber of Commerce. He was also elected Chairman of the Chamber’s Board from 2003-2005.
Mr. Pierre is also a political analyst and strategic consultant. He has a television show with Island TV-Comcast Channel 578- where he delivers the most important breaking news and discusses hot topics related to politics, immigration, social justice and legal issues that affect the community. Mr. Pierre is pivotal in keeping the community informed and well prepared to make educated decision.
Mr. Pierre is the former Vice President of the Haitian Lawyers Association. He also served on the Board of Directors of the National Society of Black Engineers and served as a mentor for Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Miami. Mr. Pierre also served on the City of Miami Civilian Investigative Panel Nominating Committee and the city of Miami Community Relations Board.
He was also selected by the United States, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton to represent the United States Government as a delegation member at the International Conference of World Cities and Regions for Haiti in Martinique, France. Additionally, he was also appointed as a member of the National League of Cities’ (NLC) Council on Youth, Education, and Families.
- Florida Africana Studies Consortium--African Diaspora Culture Keeper Award, 2016
- North Miami Police Athletic League Awards, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Florida International University, Commitment to Education Award, 2014
- Barry University—Leadership and Commitment to Education Award—2011, 2012, 2013
- Haitian American Leadership Organization—Leadership Award 2013
- Island TV—Person of the Year Award, 2012
- Haitian Lawyers Association, Community Service Award 2012
- ICABA—South Florida’s 100 Most Accomplished Caribbean Americans, 2012
- The Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr., Outstanding Service to the Community Award 2011
- The Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr., Distinguished Honoree Award 2010
- The Praise Family Worship Center, Celebration of Leadership Award 2010
- Success South Florida Magazine “40 Under 40 Leaders of Tomorrow” Award 2009
Associations and Memberships
• 5000 Role Models of Excellence
• Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Miami
• North East Second Avenue Partnership
• National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
• American Bar Association
• The Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• Haitian Lawyers Association
• Dade County Bar Association
• American Immigration Lawyers Association
• Haitian American Engineers and Scientist Society
• Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association
• Caribbean Bar Association
• Cuban American Bar Association
• Supreme Court of The United States
• Supreme Court of the State of Florida
• United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
• United States District Courts for the Southern and the Middle Districts of Florida
-The United States Conference of Mayors Standing Committee Criminal Social Justice and International Affairs.
- National Conference of Black Mayors
-Metropolitan Planning Organization Governing Board
-Co-Chair of the United States Conference of Mayors Immigration Task Force Committee.
-National League of Cities
-Miami Dade League of Cities